May 2015 Embedded Vision Summit Proceedings
Registration is free and takes less than one minute. Click here to register, and get full access to the Embedded Vision Academy's unique technical training content.
If you've already registered, click here to sign in.
See a sample of this page's content below:
The Embedded Vision Summit was held on May 12, 2015 in Santa Clara, California, as a educational forum for product creators interested in incorporating visual intelligence into electronic systems and software.
The presentations presented at the Summit are listed below. All of the slides from these presentations are included in PDF form for download as a single ZIP file (93 Mbytes):
- Welcome remarks by Jeff Bier, Embedded Vision Alliance
- "Enabling Ubiquitous Visual Intelligence Through Deep Learning" by Dr. Ren Wu, Baidu
- "Bringing Computer Vision to the Consumer" by Mike Aldred, Dyson
Track A: Deep Learning/CNNs
- "Tailoring Convolutional Neural Networks for Low-Cost, Low-Power Implementation" by Bruno Lavigueur, Synopsys
- "Trade-offs in Implementing Deep Neural Networks on FPGAs" by Nagesh Gupta, Auviz Systems
- "Low-power embedded vision: A face tracker case study" by Pierre Paulin, Synopsys
- "Efficient Implementation of Convolutional Neural Networks using OpenCL on FPGAs", by Deshanand Singh, Altera
- "Deep-learning-based Visual Perception in Mobile and Embedded Devices: Opportunities and Challenges" by Jeff Gehlhaar, Qualcomm
Track B: Vision Functions and Implementation
- "Implementing Eye Tracking for Medical, Automotive and Headset Applications" by Dan Isaccs, Xilinx and Robert Chappell, EyeTech Digital
- "The Evolution of Object Recognition in Embedded Systems" by Moshe Shahar, Ceva
- "System-Level Design for Embedded Vision with FPGA-based Programmable SoCs" by Mario Bergeron, Avnet
- "Understanding Adaptive Machine Learning Vision Algorithms and Implementing them on GPUs and Heterogeneous Platforms" by Harris Gasparakis, AMD
Track C: 3D Vision
- "3D from 2D: Theory, Implementation and Applications of Structure from Motion" by Marco Jacobs, videantis
Track C/D: 3D Vision/Applications/Business/Markets
- "Bringing New Capabilities to Users and Industries with Mobile 3D Vision" by Kenneth Lee, van Gogh Imaging"
Track D: Applications/Business/Markets
- "Trends, Challenges and Opportunities in Vision-Based Automotive Safety and Autonomous Driving Systems" by Simon Morris, CogniVue
- "Harman’s Augmented Navigation Platform—The Convergence of ADAS and Navigation" by Alon Atsmon, Harman International
- "Enabling the Factory of the Future with Embedded Vision" by Andy...