The Embedded Vision Summit: Your One-Stop Education Ticket
Coming up soon (less than a month away, to be precise, as I write this post on March 28) is the premier Silicon Valley iteration of the Embedded Vision Summit, a free day-long technical educational forum to be held on April 25, 2013 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. Hopefully, many have you have already perused the presentation videos and downloadable slide sets from last September's Summit in Boston, Massachusetts. Next month's event promises to be even bigger and better!
The Embedded Vision Summit is designed to:
- Provide engaging, high-quality technical presentations (not sales pitches!) that will inspire engineers to create new and improved products using embedded vision technology
- Offer practical know-how to help engineers incorporate vision capabilities into their designs, and
- Provide opportunities to meet and talk with leading embedded vision technology suppliers and technologists, and see exciting demos of some of the latest technology
The Embedded Vision Summit will be held in conjunction with DESIGN West and ESC Silicon Valley. There is no cost to participate in this event for qualified attendees, including engineers (with preference given to system, SoC, and application software engineers working in industry), invited press and analysts, and Alliance Member company representatives. Others (including students) will be admitted on a space-available basis. Space is limited; advance registration is required and early registration is recommended. Submit your registration application on the Alliance web site.
The Summit, organized by the Embedded Vision Alliance, will provide a unique opportunity for engineers to learn about the hottest technology in the electronics industry, embedded computer vision, which enables "machines that see and understand." This event will include a series of "how-to" presentations, demonstrations, and a keynote talk by Professor Pieter Abbeel of UC Berkeley, a leader in the development of machine intelligence. A detailed agenda of the day's events can be found on the Embedded Vision Summit overview page. Also available for your perusal are presenter biographies, along with more detailed descriptions of some of the presentations.
Finally, don't forget about other Embedded Vision Alliance-sponsored events surrounding the Embedded Vision Summit:
- On April 17, Alliance founder Jeff Bier will participate at the Linley Tech Mobile Conference
- On April 24, Alliance members BDTI, Freescale and National Instruments will present five embedded vision-themed tutorials at DESIGN West, and
- On April 26, Alliance members Analog Devices, Avnet, and BDTI will co-deliver the Blackfin Embedded Vision Starter Kit Hands-On Workshop