Xilinx and its Ecosystem Demonstrate ‘Any Media over Any Network’ Connectivity with All Programmable Professional Video Solutions at NAB 2015
Xilinx demonstrating 4K/8K video connectivity, video processing and development platforms that support industry’s transition to all IP networks
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 8, 2015 – Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its ecosystem will demonstrate their ‘Any Media over Any Network’ connectivity with their All Programmable, professional video solution demonstrations at NAB 2015. The new All Programmable solutions include the recently announced professional video solutions for 4K/Ultra-HD and 8K/Super Hi Vision and next generation of Video over IP connectivity enabling the transition to all IP-based networks. Xilinx and its ecosystem will demonstrate their new professional video solutions throughout NAB 2015, April 13-16, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #N5616
- Xilinx 6G & 12G SDI – This demonstration will showcase reference designs from Xilinx that enable developers to implement the latest SMPTE standards for SDI. This reference design leverages the newly released inrevium AMERICA FMC for the UHD-SDI standards.
- Xilinx HDMI – IP cores for both HDMI 1.4 Tx/Rx and HDMI 2.0 Tx/Rx from Xilinx will be demonstrated utilizing the newly released inrevium AMERICA FMC HDMI 4K.
- Xilinx and Omnitek 4K Video Processing - The new Xilinx Real-Time Video Engine reference design is based on Omnitek's latest OSVP scalable video processor that runs on a Zynq®-7045 All Programmable SoC based OZ745 platform. It also features a motion adaptive deinterlacer, scaler, and OSD at 4K.
- Xilinx SMPTE ST 2059 & ST 2022 – This early technology demonstration of the upcoming Xilinx® ST 2059 IP core will showcase the integration of timing and synchronization capabilities into ST 2022 networks and will target the KC705 Kintex®-7 evaluation platform.
- intoPIX TICO – The intoPIX TICO mezzanine compression provides up to 4:1 visually lossless compression. It will be demonsrated on the KC705 Kintex-7 evaluation platform using Xilinx HDMI IP cores.
- Omnitek PCIe Streaming DMA Controller – This demonstration will showcase the Omnitek PCIe DMA Controller core running on a KCU105 Kintex UltraScaleTM platform while displaying 4K video from a PC source streamed over PCIe Gen 3 to a 12G-SDI output.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
This year, seven Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase Xilinx technology based demonstrations in their booths including:
Alliance Program Premier Design Services Members
- CoreEL – Booth SU12203 – Will demonstrate FGPA IP for 4K encode and decode of H.264, HEVC and audio.
- Fidus – Booth N4739 – Will demonstrate a Kintex UltraScale 8K Video System, an Artix®-7 Dual FMC Board, and HDMI 4K and 12G SDI FMCs.
- inrevium AMERICA, Inc. – Booth N4739 – Will demonstrate an 8K platform using Kintex UltraScale with HDMI 2.0, 12G SDI, and DisplayPort 1.2 connectivity.
Alliance Program Certified Members
- intoPIX – Booth C8425a and N5616 – Will demonstrate 4K live video with the TICO lightweight codec over 3G-SDI and 10GbE and 4K live video with its JPEG2000 ultra-low latency codec over 1GbE with 10ms of latency.
- OmniTek – Booth 3114 and N5616 – Will demonstrate the OZ745 2x12G development kit, the RTVE 3.1 4K reference design, a Zynq All Programmable SoC warp engine, and a PCIe Gen 3x 8-Lane DMA.
- NGCodec HEVC Encoder – This demonstration will implement an HEVC encoder running on a KC705 Kintex -7 evaluation platform using the Xilinx HDMI IP cores.
Alliance Program Members
- Barco-Silex – Booth C8427b – Will demonstrate low latency JPEG 2000 video over IP transport with SMPTE 2022 on a KC705.
- Pathpartner – Booth SU10826 – Will demonstrate a fully functional, well optimized HD HEVC decoder on a Zynq All Programmable SoC platform on the ZC706 board.
About Xilinx in Broadcast and Pro A/V
Xilinx is the worldwide leader of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs for the broadcast and pro a/v markets with solutions ranging from video, audio and network connectivity; real-time 8K, 4K and high definition video processing; and video over IP solutions. These solutions enable any media over any network, accelerate time to market and achieve greater innovation and differentiation in broadcast and pro a/v systems. For more information, please visit www.xilinx.com/applications/broadcast.html.
Xilinx is the world’s leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Silvia E. Gianelli