Bookmark and Share

Jobs Available/Wanted

Robotics Engineer opening with Intelligent Automation, Inc.
No replies
pmcvicker
pmcvicker's picture
Level 1: Prestidigitator

Robotics Engineer

Robotics Engineer - Embedded Systems, Human-Machine Interface, Machine Vision

Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is looking for a new team member who is a self-motivated Robotics Engineer with a passion for electro-mechanical systems. You will be working with the Robotics and Electromechanical Systems Group to develop custom solutions in the fields of Robotics, Autonomy, Human-Machine Interface, Machine Vision, and Electromechanical System Design. We have numerous active research and development projects where we design, integrate, test, and deploy systems for a range of applications, including aircraft inspection, ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance), utility construction, medical training, IED/EOD operations, and simulation. We are looking to add expertise and talent to our multi-disciplinary team to continue to achieve success in all of these areas.

To apply, go to https://www.i-a-i.com/about-us/careers/ . Questions? Email Pat McVicker at pmcvicker@i-a-i.com

Citizenship / Immigration Status:
We can only accept applicants that are either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (Green Card).

Job Duties:
• Work closely with algorithm developers, and/or lead algorithmic development, to mature algorithms from MATLAB and C++ to real-time applications.
• Work closely with and/or lead FPGA engineers developing architecture/protocol to exchange control/data between ARM and FPGA using shared registers/memory, DMA/VDMA. 
• Utilize and/or modify existing code bases and libraries; create and shape new functionality.

Required Experience & Education:
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.

Required Skill:
• Knowledge and hands-on experience of Linux system software development with build configuration and customization. Bonus for familiarity with embedded Linux.
• Installing and configuring embedded Linux, i.e. Yocto, Arch, Raspberry Pi (Raspian)
• Multi process/thread programming using techniques like Boost, C++11, and ASIO event driven when relevant.
• Toolchain & Compiler/Cross-Compiler Technologies for ARM/X86/X86_64/BareMetal
• Inter-System communication over TCP/UDP, Serial Interface
• Integration with common external interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART
• Strong background in math and physics
• Write clean, efficient, well-documented code
• Proficient with SCM tools such as SVN, GIT, and Mercurial
• Strong written and communication skills

Desired Skills:
• Familiar with common signal processing and/or image processing algorithms
• Experience with common middleware implementations that interchange data between algorithms and applications such as Robotic Operating System (ROS)
• Proficient optimizing ARM software using NEON
• Experience with prototyping, integrating, testing and deploying electromechanical systems
• Familiarity with the Xilinx/Petalinux SDK
• Profile/Optimize software to select/meet target platform
• Experience prototyping software based on conference/journal publications

To apply, go to https://www.i-a-i.com/about-us/careers/ . Questions? Email Pat McVicker at pmcvicker@i-a-i.com

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. IAI is an EEO/AA employer.

Requisition ID : 1142