Bookmark and Share

General Discussion

Graduate Student Seeks Expert Opinion
No replies
R2@McCombs
Level 1: Prestidigitator

Hello,

My Name is Rob Culbert and I am a graduate student at the Red McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.  I am part of a team running a Quicklook research report on a vision-based sensor that was developed by the National Renewable Resources Laboratory.  This device was created for use in large building automation for the purpose of optimizing energy use efficiency.

If anyone feels like taking a loot at the information page linked below and giving me their thoughts about whether this technology seems useful or how it measures up to the state of machines that can see these days, please let me know.

Please remember this information might be used in a report that is given back to the inventors of this technology as they endeavor to commercialize their invention.  Please be honest and let me know what are your credentials and why your opinion matters.  (On a personal level, everyones opinion matters of course, but to quote George Orwell: "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.")

http://techportal.eere.energy.gov/technology.do/techID=986

Thanks!