Bookmark and Share

General Discussion

Which embedded vision features you want most on your car?
1 reply [Last post]
RobbySun
Level 3: Conjurer

For me, I'd really like these two features:

1. When I back the car, I'd like the car to make sure two things. First there is nothing moving around my car. This would be an important helper, especially in a busy shopping center's parking lot, where many people walk around without noticing the tarffic. Second, there is nothing, moving or still, that resembles a kid or an animal near my wheels. This could be vital for families with a baby or pets.

2. Something to relate the GPS information with the road signs that are in front of my car. When I drive from one freeway to another, I usually know where the ramps are. The GPS will tell me to "at exit XXX, take freeway YYY north". However, most ramps are designed in such a way that the one leading to one direction is very close to the one leading to the opposite direction. Quite a lot of times, I don't realize I'm on the wrong ramp until it's too late. Often I have to make dangerous cuts to get back to the right ramp; a few times I have to drive on the opposite direction a long way before I can turn around.

If the car could read the road signs and warn me if I'm on the wrong ramp before hand, that would be very helpful.

RobbySun
Level 3: Conjurer

Which features do you want the most on your car?