The Embedded Vision Alliance (the "Alliance") is committed to a policy of protecting the privacy and confidential information of individuals who provide the Alliance with information about themselves.
Types of Information Collected
The Alliance collects and stores a variety of personal and company information in the normal course of business. Such information is referred to as "personally identifying information" or simply as "information" in this policy statement. Personally identifying information may include your:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Professional information
Uses of Information
The Alliance uses personally identifying information:
- To provide notification of upcoming Alliance events, and new products and services, unless you have requested that we do not.
- To identify and support users of the Alliance's Web site and Web-based services.
The Alliance will not disclose personally identifying information to third parties except:
- To a contract mailing service, which the Alliance may engage to send postal or electronic mailings at the Alliance's request and on the Alliance's behalf.
- At the user's request.
- With the user's express permission.
- To Alliance Member companies, when a user accesses those Members Companies' content on the Alliance web site, unless you have requested that we do not.
- By the order of a court of law.
- To a properly authorized authority in the course of an investigation of a crime against a user or the Alliance, or in the case of suspected illegal activities such as fraud.
- If the Alliance is acquired by or merged with another company, or if the Alliance becomes an independent corporate entity, in which case the Alliance will attempt to notify you before transferring any information about you.
Types and Uses of Personally Identifying Information
You may provide the Alliance with personally identifying information such as your name, address and email address. The Alliance uses this information to create mailing lists. We may ask for some additional information to understand your involvement with embedded vision.
The Alliance uses the email address supplied in the registration process to send you newsletter, notices and updates concerning Alliance services and Web site, or bothóif you have requested both.
NOTE TO PARENTS AND MINORS: The Alliance does not want to collect any personal information whatsoever of minorsóin fact, the Alliance asks that minors do not submit any information about themselves and that they not use this site. Anyone using the Alliance site or Web-based Alliance services warrants and promises that they are 18 years of age or older.
The Alliance takes reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifying information. The Alliance stores information in both databases on its corporate network and databases on a third-party network server. Access to both databases is password-protected. No security system is completely infallible. In the event that the Alliance becomes aware that the security of your personally identifying information has been compromised, the Alliance will report any unauthorized access to secured information to the appropriate authorities and provide reasonable support for any subsequent investigation. The Alliance periodically reviews and updates security measures to insure the best possible protections for its users.
You may notify the Alliance at any time to remove your information from our database by contacting us via the web. If you do that, the Alliance will remove personally identifiable records concerning you from our electronic databases, unless prohibited from doing so by law. However, if you make this request you will no longer receive information from the Alliance.