CogniVue's Camera Development Module: A Reference To Make Your Next Design MemorableJanuary 16, 2012
CEVA wasn't the only Embedded Vision Alliance member to make notable news at this year's Consumer Electronics Show. CogniVue unveiled SmartVue, which the company claims is the "smallest and lowest power smart camera module demonstration and development platform in the market today." Cubical in shape and 1" in size, SmartVue combines CogniVue's CV2201 ICP (Image Cognition Processor) and OmniVision's OV7962 VGA-resolution CMOS image sensor. Also bundled in the SmartVue kit is a comprehensive software suite, including the ICP SDK (Image Cognition Processor Software Development Kit), OpenCV-based Imaging Tool Kit, application tool kits, and code development tools.
The SmartVue reference module provides developers with a proof-of-concept design to showcase algorithms and applications early in the development cycle, accelerating time to market and reducing risk. SmartVue enables a number of markets, including:
- Advanced driver assistance systems for automotive
- Consumer appliance control using gesture recognition
- Audience measurement using face/people detection and tracking
- Asset monitoring and smart video monitoring
- Occupancy sensing in smart buildings
- Military/law enforcement using mobile/body-worn cameras
SmartVue was designed by, and is manufacturered by, a China-based ODM partner of CogniVue, Zorg Industries. Global sales are handled by Future Electronics. SmartVue pricing was not announced.